The NATA Secondary School Athletic Trainers' Committee has established the Secondary School Athletic Trainer of the Year Award to recognize deserving athletic trainers in secondary schools across the country. Specifically this award recognizes ten district winners and one overall national winner who:
- Elevate the athletic training profession at the secondary school level.
- Provide public awareness, promotion and education about the AT’s role in their local communities.
- Contribute to their communities beyond their athletic environments.
- Help establish and maintain the athletic trainers’ presence in the secondary school setting.
- Provide quality patient health care.
- Volunteering and Leadership within the association
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Working relationships with stakeholders (Admin, Coaches, Parents and Athletes)
- Have published work or speaker for continuing education event or other educational session
- Mentoring of other athletic trainers
- Mentoring high school students interested in the profession
- Submission of your complete school Policy and Procedure Manual
- Submission of all venue specific Emergency Action Plans
- Provide information on your Student AT Aide program, if you have one.
Must be provided by the nominee when completing nomination form. If the information is not provided the nomination will not be considered complete and will not be scored.
- NATA member in good standing.
- Current NPI number (with appropriate taxonomy code).
- Registered/licensed by state (if required).
- Current BOC certification.
- Must have been certified and at the Secondary School level for at least 5 years.
- Candidates must follow best practices, including the NATA Secondary School Statement on Proper Use of High School Athletic Training Student Aides.
Nominate an AT Today!
If you have been nominated, you should have received a notification via email. Once your nomination is accepted, you should be able to continue the application below.